Arris TG1682G Review – Specifications, Speed, and Much MoreDenise Bingham
It is essential to choose the right modem for your place. There are many factors that one has to consider while selecting the one. While going through some options that are available online, Arris TG1682G is apparently one of the top-sellers. This Internet modem is not any regular modem as it is designed to use for the stable ethernet connections for offices, home, LAN, etc. The modem is ideal for people looking for a WiFi router and telephony. However, this modem router is not suitable for Comcast. Along with its features, the affordable price point of the modem is also its USP.
It is a new age ethernet router that promises to enhance the user experience and deliver the best to its customers. Arris TG1682G battery is a Lithium-Ion battery providing the telephone service even during the power outages. It is also constructed to offer wireless connectivity using its super performing 802.11ac dual-band radios.
The features of this model stand out from other available alternatives. Before getting to the review, let’s have a quick look at its key features and specifications.
Arris TG1682G Specifications
- The model has a multi-processor technology with 1.2 GHz Atom core application processor.
- It comes with an internal power supply making it more reliable than other options and it is also equipped with a battery backup.
- Arris TG1682G comes with a bandwidth tuner that comes with full capture.
- The modem is designed to fit the criteria for PacketCable 2.0 and Docsis 3.0.
- As it comes with MoCA 2.o, it enhances the experience for the home video and data distribution over coax.
- The modem is also equipped with two FXS lines and HD voice support.
- The router-modem is DOCSIS 3.0 compliant and also has 24×8 channel bonding.
Key features of Arris TG1682G
- The modem can give the speed of up to 640 Mbps which is faster than ISDN service
- It is ideal for offices and homes as this internet modem cam provide two different lines of telephone services and high-speed data.
- It is suitable for all locations as it is a four-port gigabit ethernet router.
- The modem is equipped with integrated MoCA 2.0 home networking that requires to complete the service authorization.
- It also has a USB host port to use and support the external USB devices.
Arris TG1682G Review
The advanced features of this modem consisting of USB port, MoCA 2.0 and wireless radios have improved the overall performance of the modem. The users are provided with the availability of manual configuration as there are multiple remote access levels such as MSO, User and Cusadmin. Speed and connectivity are some of the vital factors while selecting a router. This specific model offers twenty-four times more speed than the regular DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems. It provides better coverage for smaller spaces as compared to the other Arris models.
Arris TG1682G is all featured-packed router that can provide connectivity for all the IP capable devices using a subscriber network. The new edge features of this modem reduce the requirement of support needs that are often required while using such connections. The buyers are happy with the overall performance of the modem for their homes and smaller office spaces. People who are looking for a budget-friendly option for a good and sturdy router for residential uses then this is the one.