Best powerline adapter with Wi-Fi extender – Easy network extensionJoseph Lee
A powerline adapter with a Wi-Fi extender is easily the quickest way to speed up your Internet. Today most of our professional and personal activities are powered by the Internet, and that is why a fast connection is mandatory. Gone are the days when it was more of a luxury. Today, it is a necessity and a major part of our lives.
If you have a large home or multiple devices, you may find it hard to get seamless Internet everywhere. This is where a powerline adapter with a Wi-Fi extender comes handy. It can help you extend the connection throughout the house so that you don’t compromise on comfort to get the perfect signal.
How does a powerline adapter work?
To be able to pick the right adapter, understanding the basic working is important. This is why we thought we would walk you through it.
A powerline adapter works to create a wired home network. You need to 2 adapters to make this possible. One of them connects to the power supply and the network router with an Ethernet cable. The other needs a separate power supply. This one then connects to the device you want to connect to the network. For every new device, you need a new adapter.
Even though a Wi-Fi network feels better, a powerline network is more reliable and consistent. To extend your Wi-Fi, though, you can specifically purchase a powerline adapter with a Wi-Fi extender. This will solve all your connectivity and dead zone problems.
Best powerline adapter with Wi-Fi extender
Since most of us have Wi-Fi connections at home, it only makes sense to focus on adapters that come with Wi-Fi extenders. Here are our top picks, curated only for you.
1. TP-Link Powerline Wi-Fi Extender and Adapter – AV1000
Ah, this is our favorite, and it totally deserves the first spot. The TP-Link AV1000 powerline adapter promises up to 1000 Mbps ethernet and much more. Keep reading to find out all about it.
- Through power, you can enjoy 1000 Mbps, and through the dual-band, you will get 750 Mbps. We think these numbers are impressive.
- It has a gigabit port that ensures that you get full speed.
- It does not require any configuration or setup. It is a plug-and-play adapter.
- It has the ability to save power by automatically reducing power consumption.
- The adapter also promises data security thanks to its 128-bit data encryption.
- If you have a smart TV and/or are interested in online gaming, this adapter will be your best friend.
- The company offers 24/7 technical support and a 2-year warranty with this device.
2. NETGEAR Powerline Adapter – PLW1010-100NAS
Here’s another top performer in the Wi-Fi world. Give it up for NETGEAR! With this powerful powerline adapter, you will be able to create access points throughout your home for stronger network. Here are a few important details:
- The combo of an adapter and extender ensures that you have the convenience of wired and wireless connectivity. You can cover all dead zones with it.
- It provides speeds up to 1000 Mbps
- It is ideal for game consoles, smart TVs, 4K HD streaming, and streaming players.
- You need a 2.4GHz or 5 GHz 802.11 b/g/n/ac interface for this combo.
- It has a gigabit port.
- You need to install software utility, which is possible in Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8 and MacOS.
- You will also enjoy the flexibility to connect multiple adapters to expand coverage throughout your home.
- It saves power by powering down when not connected.
3. TP-Link Powerline Wi-Fi Extender – AV600
If you are deadest on TP-Link and need more options, we invite you to explore the AV600 model. It has multiple attractive features and falls in the affordable bracket. The pointers below will help you decide if this is the one you need:
- This is a starter kit that promises (up to) 600 Mbps speed when connected to power. You can expect 300 Mbps for Wi-Fi. The speed is the main difference between the AV1000 and AV600 TP-Link adapters.
- When not connected, it reduces power consumption by up to 85%.
- You can enjoy lag-free video streaming and gaming with this powerful duo.
- You don’t have to worry about hard-to-reach zones at home. The extender will cover them all.
- It has one-touch 128-bit encryption (AES).
- The adapter comes with 2 Ethernet ports.
- TP-Link offers a 2-year warranty and round-the-clock tech support with this device.
4. Tenda AV1000 powerline adapter with Wi-Fi extender
Powerful and reliable, Tenda is another option that you could look at. It is a popular powerline Wi-Fi extender with multiple top-class features such as the following:
- Tenda uses the Wi-Fi Clone technology to unify home Wi-Fi networks.
- It has a simple plug-and-play setup that requires zero configuration.
- It offers dual-band Wi-Fi.
- The adapter has a gigabit port.
- Enjoy wireless security and encryption too.
- With this, you can add 6 devices to spread the network far and wide!
5. Linksys Powerline Network Extender
Use this kit to transform your electricity socket into a functional network connection! You can connect both wired and wireless devices with the utmost ease. Here’s what the extender promises:
- Transfer speeds can go up to 200 Mbps with this device. So, if you don’t really require 800 Mbps to 1 Gbps speeds, this device will suffice.
- Even though the device itself is plug-and-play, there’s a basic setup that you need to be aware of. The quick install guide will help you through the process. To connect more devices, though, you do not need any special software.
- The package also includes a CD with the software and 2 Ethernet cables.
- The Linksys extender is perfect for HD video streaming.
- It is compatible with 802.11n devices (b/g/n).
You will see that our list has options that differ mainly in speed. Make sure you check your average data usage and the speed offered by your Internet provider to choose the right one. This will avoid confusion and prevent you from buying a device that does not do justice to your Internet plan. All the best!
Leave a Reply